Lake Tahoe is an easy one hour drive from Pioneer Inn & Suites. Take a day trip to some of the most beautiful beaches that Tahoe has to offer. Return “home” to Pioneer Inn & Suites for a good night’s sleep and soak in the hot tub surrounded by a stunning forest and parkland!
- D.L. Bliss: Located on the West shore, just North of Emerald Bay, this state park, campground, and beach boast spectacular views of the lake. Turquoise water, towering cliffs, and coves set this beach apart from the others.
- Baldwin Beach: Located between Camp Richardson and Emerald Bay, Baldwin is known its open and expansive sandy beach with stellar views of Mt. Tallac.
- Kiva Beach: This large beach on the South shore sits at the mouth of Taylor Creek. This is one of the few beaches on the lake that has free parking and that is dog-friendly. Enjoy Taylor Creek and the Taylor Creek Visitors Center which are both a short walk from the sand.
- Pope Beach: Located just East of Kiva Beach, Pope Beach is known for its shallow and warmer water ( not actually warm just warm compared to other areas in Tahoe). This beach is very long, with easy access parking.
- Regan Beach: Somewhat secluded in a neighborhood, Regan beach is one of Tahoe’s oldest. While it does not have a sandy beach, there is a nice grassy area making it perfect for picnicking with a view.
- El Dorado Beach: Located right along the highway, in the center of the city of South Lake Tahoe, this beach is very popular in the summer, known for its easily accessible location, live music, barbecues, and availability of water activities.
- Nevada Beach: This beach is quieter and compliments the Nevada Beach Campground which is tucked in the pines behind the beach. This beach is clean and offers views of Mt. Tallac which sits directly across the lake.
- Zephyr Cove: This beach is the place to go when looking for activity. Very popular all summer, it is possible to rent boats, rent jet skis, go parasailing, kayak, dine, and take cruises out on Tahoe on boats like the M.S. Dixie II, which docks in the Zephyr Cove Marina.
- Round Hill Pines: This beach sits in cove on the Nevada side of Lake Tahoe and is perfect for laying on the beach, kayaking, and getting married.
- Sand Harbor: Although this beach is located in Tahoe North, it is perhaps the most famous beach on the lake. Famous for its giant granite boulders, Caribbean color waters, and panoramic views of the mountains, there is no place in the world quite like Sand Harbor.